Application Deadline: 30th March 2020
About the challenge:
Facebook and Andela have partnered to up-skill developers across Sub-Saharan Africa (Kenya, Uganda, Cameroon, Ghana, Nigeria and South-Africa) through a six-week immersive program where selected developers will work in agile remote teams to innovate on projects relating to the SDGs.
The #BuildForSDG program is committed to helping empower you to build real-world, locally and relevant solutions focused on the Sustainable Development Goals(SDGs) while gaining skills you need to advance your career.
With a goal to engage 7.5k developers, #BuildforSDG challenge will give developers real-world experience working on high-value, high-impact projects to help improve their market-readiness.
- Get to work on projects that matter; add high value and high impact project to your portfolio
- Opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds on the planet
- Access to employment opportunities through the Andela Market place
- Must be up to 18 years by January 2020
1. APPLICATION PHASE- March 16th – 30th
Complete Application Form and Level Up with Andela Curated Learning Content.
2. PRE-SELECTION PHASE- March 30th – April 4th
You will receive an email notification from Andela that you have advanced to the assessment phase.
3. ASSESSMENT PHASE- April 5th – April 14th
Take your skill assessment test– This would be sent to you once you have met the pre-selection criteria.
4. INNOVATION PHASE- April 20th- May 25th
You will be grouped into teams and begin work on your innovative projects based on SDGs.
Top 15 teams (5 from each cohort) will pitch their projects to a panel of expert judges.
6. SELECTION OF TOP 3 WINNING TEAMS
The top 3 projects will win value added prize.
Looking for a way to advance your career? Grow your Developer Skills While Solving Real-life Problems