Application deadline: 1st April, 2020
The Anzisha Program is a partnership between African Leadership Academy and Mastercard Foundation that seeks to fundamentally and significantly increase the number of job generative entrepreneurs in Africa.We believe that a key to doing so is to test, implement and then share models for identifying, training and connecting high potential, very young entrepreneurs (15 to 22-year-olds) so that many more organisations have better collective success in creating a pipeline of entrepreneurs with the capabilities for scale.
The Anzisha Prize seeks to award young entrepreneurs who have developed and implemented innovative solutions to social challenges or started successful businesses within their communities. 20 finalists from across Africa win a fellowship to support growth or their business and an all-expenses paid trip to South Africa to be a part of a two-week-long entrepreneurship workshop and conference at the African Leadership Academy campus in Johannesburg. The grand prize winners, selected from these finalists, will share prizes worth $100,000 USD.
Application criteria for applicants:
- You must be between 15 and 22 years old.
- You must have an ID document or Passport to present as evidence.
- Individuals who apply must be one of the founding members of a business (for example, 2 or 3 cofounders who started a business together)
- You must be a national of an African country with a business based in Africa for African customers/ beneficiaries.
- Your business must be up and running.
- Your business, invention or social project can be in any field or industry (science and technology, civil society, arts and culture, sports, etc.).
Application criteria for businesses/ventures:
- The venture must be led and managed by the founder
- The venture must deliver some value to these beneficiaries or customers?
- The venture must show growth potential?
- The business must show potential to create more high quality jobs?
- A copy of your ID (Identification Document) Pictures of your venture/project in action Company registration documents, if your venture is registered.(Don’t worry if not, you can still submit your application.)
- The logo for your venture/project
- A photo of yourself Information about your venture/project
- Monetary Reward: Monetary Reward of a share of $100,000, shared among the Fellows, with the grand prize winner, taking away $25 000
- Learning camp: Access to a world renowned Entrepreneurial Leadership curriculum and training with the potential for further investment based on engagement and performance. Worth $2000
- Consulting services: $2,500 worth of rewards from consulting and mentorship services
- Speaking opportunities: $2,000 worth of rewards from Global speaking events or Experts in Residence support
- Entrepreneur opportunity: $1,000 worth of rewards from entrepreneur networking opportunities with other entrepreneurs within the Anzisha Prize community.
The Anzisha Prize is Africa’s biggest award for her youngest entrepreneurs aged 15 – 22 years, and hands out over USD $100,000 every year in prize money to entrepreneurs from all over the continent. Take a bold step to apply: