Application deadline: 1st February, 2020
2020 Lucille M. Wert Scholarship is designed to help a person with an interest in the fields of Chemistry and Information to pursue graduate study in Library, Information, or Computer Science, the Scholarship consists of a $1,500 honorarium. This scholarship is given yearly (to a qualified applicant) by the Division of Chemical Information of the American Chemical Society.
The Award consists of a certificate and stipend. It is usually presented at an ACS Local Section meeting in the vicinity of the recipient’s residence or school. The award was renamed in 1996 to honor the late Lucille M. Wert. It purpose is to recruit persons into the profession of Chemical Information.
The applicant must have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Chemistry and related disciplines (related disciplines are, for example, Biochemistry or Chemical Informatics).
- Acceptance into graduate Library, Information, or Computer Science program in an accredited institution
- Work experience in Library, Information or Computer Science preferred.
Applicant who are eligible and willing are required to register following the processes:
- Letter of application giving the reasons you should be considered for the award to: Marge Matthews
CINF Awards Committee
633 Dayton Road
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010-3801
- Transcript of Undergraduate studies
- Three letters of reference
- GRE scores (optional)
For more information visit: