Application deadline: January 26, 2020
Harvard GSDWheelwright Prize International Competition 2020 for early-career Achitects is an open international competition for talented early-career architect to support expansive, intensive design research. It offers a $100,000 travelling fellowship. The annual prize is dedicated to advancing original architectural research that is informed by cross-cultural engagement and that shows potential to make a significant impact on architectural discourse.
Applicants will be judged on the quality of their design work, scholarly accomplishments, originality or persuasiveness of the research proposal, evidence of ability to fulfill the proposed project, and the potential for a successful project to make an important contribution to architectural discourse.
- $100,000 prize to support the proposed research project
- invitation to lecture at Harvard GSD
- possibility to publish research in a Harvard GSD publication
- Applicant must have graduated from a professionally accredited architecture degree program in the past 15 years. (Graduates prior to January 2005 are ineligible.) Holders of multiple degrees may apply, provided they received their professional degrees between January 2005 and January 2020. Applicants need not be registered or licensed.
- Applicants may not have received the Arthur Wheelwright Traveling Fellowship previously.
- Winners of the Wheelwright Prize may not hold other fellowships concurrently.
- The Wheelwright Prize is available to individual entrants only; teams or firms will not be considered.
- Current Harvard GSD faculty, instructors, and staff are not eligible.
- For winners based in the United States, some amount of research must be undertaken outside the country.
- The Wheelwright Prize is intended for independent study and may not be applied to university tuition. However, the grant may be applied to fees for workshops and conferences.
Are you a talented early-career architect wiling to get support for expansive, intensive design research? The application process is entirely online. No submissions will be accepted by mail. Do follow the link below to apply: