Application deadline: March 31, 2020
The next cohort of the One planet Fellowship is meant to invest in early-career scientists eager to develop climate adaptation for African smallholders farmers. The One Planet Fellowship seeks to build a vibrant, highly connected, and inter-generational network of African and European scientist leaders equipped to use a gender lens to help Africa’s smallholder farmers adapt to a changing climate. The first cohort, consisting of 45 outstanding high-potential scientists selected from a pool of 1523 applicants it was launched in September, 2019.
AWARD Fellowship is inspired by the five-year, USD 19.2 million initiative seeks to invest in up to 630 competitively selected agricultural scientists. Selected candidates will participate in an intensive, three-year non-residential, career acceleration process aimed at fostering leadership skills, strengthening scientific research skills including integrating gender into their research, and catalyzing research partnerships and networks.
Candidates who complete the three-year process will become One Planet Laureates.
- Open to young scientists from Morocco and Algeria in addition to the following sub-Saharan African countries; Benin, Burkina Faso, Cote d’Ivoire, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Mali, Nigeria, Senegal, Tanzania, Togo, and Zambia
- Be 40 years of age or younger by March 31, 2020
- Have at least a master’s degree or equivalent in any discipline relevant to climate change adaptation with focus on agriculture and food systems
- Have research experience in any of the five thematic areas as outlined in the One Planet Scientific Fellowship Framework
- Reside in Africa and be actively engaged in research, policy and/or practice relevant to climate change and Africa’s smallholder agriculture
- Not a previous beneficiary of the AWARD Fellowship initiative
Applications for the Fellowship is via an online registration form. Applicants from French-speaking countries should use this form while applicants from English-speaking countries should use this form.
More information about the guideline, visit the link- application guidelines
For more information about the Fellowship, visit: One Planet Fellowship scientific framework
Are you qualified, take a bold step, follow the link to apply: