Global Fund for Women’s primary goal is to get resources to organizations led by women, girls, and trans people. Global Fund for Women support organizations led by historically marginalized groups who are working to build strong, connected movements for gender equality and human rights. Global Fund for Women trust women, girls, and trans people to know how best to solve the problems in their communities. As funders, our goal is to provide resources that strengthen the agency, participation, and power of local organizations working directly in their communities.
Global Fund for Women provide flexible, core-support grants for operating and program expenses, give multi-year grants as often as possible, and offer travel and event organizing grants to support knowledge-exchanges and convenings. Global Fund for Women also provides immediate support to organizations who are first responders in times of natural and human-made crises.
Global Fund for Women provides three types of grants: general support grants, travel and event organizing grants, and crisis grants. Please read the Criteria section below carefully to make sure your organization is eligible before proceeding.
Please note that Global Fund for Women application process is now online and we do not accept proposals sent by email. Global Fund for Women application forms are available on Global Fund for Women’s site in five languages: Arabic, English, French, Russian, and Spanish.
Global Fund for Women two-step process
Global Fund for Women application process has two steps:
Step 1: Register your organization by submitting an Organizational Profile.
- Submit a proposal for a General Support or Crisis Grant when your organization is invited
- Submit a proposal for a Travel or Event Organizing Grant if your organization meets the criteria below for Travel and Event Organizing grants
Both steps must be completed through Global Fund for Women online system.
Step 1. Submit an Organizational Profile to register your group’s interest in funding
To be eligible for funding, all organizations must begin by submitting an organizational profile via Global Fund for Women online application site.
Organizational Profiles allow us to learn about an organization’s strategies, priorities, and programs in order to determine whether they align with current funding opportunities.
A PDF guide on how to create an online account and Organizational Profile can be found here.
Step 2. Submit a grant proposal
In order to submit a proposal, groups MUST have an active Organizational Profile. Proposal forms and requirements vary depending on the grant type and funding opportunity. Please review the instructions and requirements below as well as any instructions provided in the proposal forms.
Please note all proposals are submitted online, using the same account username and password created to submit the Organizational Profile.
1. General Support Grants
The majority of our funding opportunities are for general support grants. General support grants can be used to fund an organization’s projects and programs as well as operating and program expenses, such as rent, salaries, communications, and travel costs. Please register your organization by submitting an Organizational Profile via our online application site
2. Travel Grants and Event Organizing Grants
Interested organizations that meet the above criteria can submit a proposal through their account on our online application site
Global Fund for Women invites women’s rights groups to apply for crisis grants to respond to the following crisis situations:
- Climate and natural disasters
- Public health crises
- Sudden and drastic increases in political violence
Please note that your group MUST meet all the following criteria to be eligible for a grant:
- Be based in a country outside the United States. We do not fund US-based organizations.
- Have a primary focus on advancing women’s equality and human rights, with these goals clearly reflected in its activities. Please note that groups whose sole purpose is to generate income or to provide charity to individuals are not eligible.
- Be a group of women, girls, or trans people working together. We do not accept requests from individuals and do not fund projects proposed by or for the benefit of individuals (including scholarships).
- Be governed, directed, and led by women, girls, or trans people, that is they must fill all or most of the leadership roles throughout the various decision-making levels of the group (including but not limited to the most senior decision-making levels).
- Groups do not need to be registered non-governmental organizations (NGOs) to qualify for funding.
To apply and get more information, visit globalfundforwomen
To contact Global Fund for Women : [email protected]