Application: November 22, 2019
The Debut in Research: Young Talents from Africa Prize constitutes one of the six sections of the Eni Award, composed by the Energy Transition, Energy Frontiers, Advanced Environmental Solutions and the Young Researcher of the Year Prizes, together with the Recognition at Innovation Eni.
The purpose of the Debut in Research: Young Talents from Africa Prize is to help new generations of African researchers to emerge, offering them the opportunity to attend a PhD coursein cooperation with prestigious Italian universities and research institutes and supporting their research and innovation on the various scientific topics promoted by Eni Award.
Each of the four winners will be awarded with a customized plaque and a scholarship for the attendance of a 3 years PhD course to be conducted in Italy, in an Italian university or research institute with a solid reputation on the above-mentioned topics.
Where authorized within the PhD course framework, it will be possible to carry out a research period outside Italy. It will be also allowed to propose a non-Italian thesis advisor, collaborating with the Italian university or research institute hosting the student. The Prizes will be assigned to the winning candidates, proclaimed by the Organizing Committee within June 2020.
Object of the Prizes
- Candidates must own a Master’s degree or any equivalent-according to the European system -academic qualification, granting access to a PhD course in an Italian university.
- The theses must have been defended at an African University during the same year of the annual Official Announcement, or in the precedent year.
- The Prize is awarded to students born in or after the year 1989.
- The Prize is reserved to students graduated in an African university and of African citizenship, coming from one of the 58 African countries listed in the World Population Prospects: The 2015 Revision,compiled by the United Nations.
Application procedures and deadlines
Applications for the Debut in Research: Young Talents from Africa must be presented and guaranteed by Professors, Directors of Department, Faculty Deans and Chancellors of universities and polytechnic universities, or by researchers of research institutes operating in the specific -or similar -fields for which the Prize is awarded. Self-candidatures will not be considered.
The deadline for the presentation of the candidatures to the Debut in Research: Young Talents from Africa falls on November 22, 2019 before and no later than 5 p.m. CET -Central European Time.
Please note that, after 5 p.m. CET of November 8, 2019, the Scientific Secretariat won’t create new accounts, in order to provide the most suitable assistance to the already registered Candidatures, within the deadline.
Two weeks after the November 22 deadline, the Scientific Secretariat will provide the Candidates with formal confirmation, by email, for the acceptance of their Candidature.
The Candidature application forms are available on the website:
https://www.eni.com/enipedia/en_IT/business-model/awards-recognition/eni-award-announcement-2020.page, and must be sent as follows:
The Candidature Proposal
1. Thesis, the Candidature Proposal- Research and the CV will have to be uploaded on the Eni Award Candidates private area.
The access to the private area must be requested to the Eni Award Scientific Secretariat ([email protected]) that will provide an account for the procedure.
2.A copy of the Thesis in electronic form as well as possible recognitions,certificates, letters of reference,the List of Publications and the related publications must be sent by e-mail to the following address: [email protected]
3. The Candidate will have the possibility to provide a self-made video f no more than 3 minutes describing the main aspects and applications of his/her research proposal. Such presentations will be sent as indicated during the Candidature’s registration process and will be accepted in the following formats: .MOV, .MPEG4, .AVI, .FLV.
4.Following the safe receipt of all the application’s documents, a file named Summary of the Candidature Proposal, containing the main data of the candidature and the Completion Code, will be provided to each candidate.
For More Information: